We actively encourage young engineers in industry and postgraduate students to develop their careers in advanced materials and their processing, particularly advanced composites.
Why join SAMPE as a student or graduate?
- Networking opportunities. Becoming part of the SAMPE family provides fertile interactions with the industry early on in your career
- SAMPE supports your continuous development through meetings and Seminars in the UK and globally
- Reduced membership fee for students and young engineers
- Technical Papers accessed by website are available at no cost to you
- SAMPE Journal – respected bi-monthly publication with cutting edge articles
- SAMPE Young Engineer & Student Travel Grants
The call for applications for grants is currently closed, but future funding calls will be announced here soon!
The selection criteria for Travel Grants is based upon the relevance of the applicant’s research to SAMPE’s interest in high performance composite materials development and associated manufacturing technology.
The intention of the grant is to spread the support as fairly as possible within the SAMPE community; therefore, previous recipients of a SAMPE UK & Ireland Travel Grant are not eligible to reapply.
We expect the recipient of a SAMPE UK and Ireland travel grant to:
- Recognise the travel grant award in any presentation or poster
- Submit a short report on the event identifying the benefit derived
- Include in the report a picture of the recipient at the event
A “young person” is defined as a postgraduate student studying advanced composites materials or processing at a university in the UK or Eire. Alternatively, a professional engineer working with advanced composites in industry at an early career stage.
We wish to be inclusive, particularly those who might be later career-changers, and encourage anyone who might benefit to participate.