Books/chapters (as free downloads)
- Acoustic Emission Source Location in Fibre-Reinforced Composite Materials (JS)
- An introduction to polymer-matrix composites ~ first edition, (Mustafa Akay, bookboon.com, 2015. ISBN 978-87-403-0980-5).
- Bio-Based Polymers for Engineered Green Materials (edited by Tondi and Schnabel, MDPI Books, 2020. ISBN 978-3-03928-926-4).
- Bonded Repair of Composite Structures (G Kanterakis, R Chemama and K Kitsianos of GMI Aero ~ France)
- Composite Materials: an introduction (RPL Nijssen, Vereniging Kunststof Composieten Nederland, 2015. ISBN: 978-90-77812-471).
~ alternative source at Basalt Today
- Composites: Teacher Handbook (Boeing/Teaching Channel Partnership)
- Crystic Composites Handbook (Scott Bader)
- Discontinuous Fiber Composites (MDPI Books, edited by TA Osswald)
- ECO-COMPASS; Ecological and Multifunctional Composites for Application in Aircraft Interior and Secondary Structures (MDPI Books, edited by Xiaosu Yi and Konstantinos Tserpes)
- Glass Fibers 2018 (Edith Maeder and Christina Scheffler (editors), MDPI Books, 2020).
- Guide to Composites (Gurit)
- Introduction to Sandwich Construction, (updated text of Dan Zenkert’s 1995 EMAS Publishing book).
- IntechOpen Limited (open access chapters where record ends with “Part of the book”)
- Marine Composites (Greene Associates)
- Polymer Processing: modeling and correlations finalized to tailoring the plastic part morphology and properties (G Titomanlio and V Speranza ~ editors, MDPI Books, 2020).
Best/Good Practice Guides (CUK = Composites UK, NCN = National Composites Network)
- Composites manufacturing (CM magazine ~ 19 items)
- Design tools for fibre reinforced polymer structures (NCN)
- Designing with composites (Scott Beckwith)
- Joining of fibre-reinforced composites (NCN/CUK/TWI)
- Non-destructive testing of composite materials (NCN)
- Repair of fibre reinforced polymer structures (NCN)
Conference series archives
- ACMC: Workshops on LCA for Composites (2005, 2013)
- ACMC/SAMPE: Marine Composites (2003)
- FPCM: Flow Processes in Composite Materials
- ICCM: International Conferences on Composite Materials
Coventive Explains series
- Batch-tobatch variation in material testing
- Composite ballistic armour
- Compression moulding
- Compression moulding high-performance thermoplastic composites
- Dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA)
- Finite element analysis
- Finite element analysis models
- Resin transfer Moulding (RTM)
- Vacuum bagging
JS’ virtual books
- Bast fibres and their composites
- Resources for Life Cycle Assessment of Natural Fibre Composites and Bio-Based Resins
- Marine composites
- Marine sustainability blog
Kindle books at <£10
- Composites Materials – A Quick Practical Guide, Andrew Greaney, 2017, 26 pp.
- Composite Materials and Structures for Engineering Students, Stephen Grove, 2018, 397 pp.
- Composite Materials Fabrication Handbook #1 (Composite Garage Series), John Wanberg, 2009, 144 pp.
- Composite Materials Fabrication Handbook #2 (Composite Garage Series), John Wanberg, 2017, 144 pp.
- Biocomposites: technology overview (KTN Materials)
- Composites Design and Manufacturing (CDM) Hub (Purdue University)
- Composites Design and Manufacture (subject index) (University of Plymouth)
- Composites Engineering (University of Plymouth)
- Composites literature (Owens Corning)
- Composite Materials MOOCs and Free Online Courses (MOOC list)
- Composite Materials (Engineering Fundamentals/efunda)
- Composite TechBriefs (University of Delaware CCM)
- Composites training (SME ToolingU)
- Educational tools related to lightweight metals and composite materials (LIFT-IACMI Online Learning Hub)
- Guide to Composites (NetComposites)
- Online Composites Learning Area (EasyComposites)
- Open access documents (Avalon Consultancy Services Limited)
- Top results for “composites” (ThoughtCo.)
- Worldwide Composites search engine
Created by John Summerscales on 05-Jul-2018 and updated on 21-Jan-2020 12:10,
for the HEFCE Catalyst funded project
Closing the skills gap and supporting the Industrial Strategy through curriculum development.
Terms and conditions. Errors and omissions. Corrections.